[mythtv-users] gentoo install problem

Cedar McKay cedarmckay at mac.com
Tue Apr 29 15:14:03 UTC 2003

Hello. I'm a bit of a distro junky and like to try them all out. So far
I've gotten mythtv running on RH8 and Mandrake 9.1 without too much
trouble. Debian didn't seem to like my hardware. I'm trying gentoo
right now. Here is the problem:

I'm working throught the docs at
http://www.mythtv.org/docs/mythtv-HOWTO-5.html#ss5.5 which seem very
straight forward. I am at the step where I modify /etc/make.conf and
add the mysql use variable. Just below that it says:

Locate the line that contains: #/usr/local/portage and remove the #

This line does not exist in my /etc/make.conf file. I don't even see a
line that is similar. Simply adding the line "/usr/local/portage"  did
not work.

Thanks in advance,

Cedar