[mythtv-users] mythfrontend hang(?)

Andy Stewart andystewart at attbi.com
Mon Apr 28 03:37:36 UTC 2003

On Sunday 27 April 2003 10:11 pm, Isaac Richards wrote:
> On Sunday 27 April 2003 09:52 pm, Andy Stewart wrote:
> > In the setup/setup program, the two choices presented to me are:
> > 	Standard V4L or MJPEG Capture Card
> > 	No V4L@ support, Hardware MPEG Disabled
> >
> > I assumed the first was correct.  There is no third choice.  Is there
> > another place in the GUI where "Hardware MPEG Encoder" is a viable
> > choice? I've not seen it.
>
> The 'No V4l2 support, Hardware MPEG Disabled' is an error message.
>
> See:
> http://www.mythtv.org/docs/mythtv-HOWTO-18.html#ss18.15
> for what to do.

Hi Isaac,

Having done that and insuring that I didn't receive a compile time warning at
mpegrecorder.cpp regarding v4l2, I still cannot see a "Hardware MPEG Encoder"
selection in the setup program.  I do see these errors, however:

QDir::readDirEntries: Cannot read the directory: /dev/v4l
QDir::readDirEntries: Cannot read the directory: /dev/sound

I did apply the patch-2.4.20-kraxel.tar.gz from April 10th, 2003.  I've
insured that videodev.h has the v4l2 define in there.

What else should I check?

Thanks,

Andy

--