[mythtv-users] Re: MythVideo/Mplayer Volume Control via Remote

Albert Santoni GameGod at sympatico.ca
Sun Apr 27 19:58:44 UTC 2003

In order to control the sound in MPlayer (using MythVideo), I had to add the following entries to my $HOME/.lircrc file:

begin     prog = irxevent    button = vol-    config = Key KP_Divide MPlayerend

begin     prog = irxevent    button = vol+    config = Key KP_Multiply MPlayerend
....tweak the "button" entries, and you're set. It's important to note that you CAN have multiple entries per button (which is why this works.)
Hope this helps someone. :)

GameGod