[mythtv-users] Channel: '' was not found in the database.

Ragnar Kjørstad myth at ragnark.vestdata.no
Sun Apr 27 17:10:07 UTC 2003

On Sun, Apr 27, 2003 at 12:41:49PM -0400, Mike Wood wrote:
> On Sun, 2003-04-27 at 12:12, Ragnar Kjørstad wrote:
> > On Sun, Apr 27, 2003 at 04:30:32AM +0200, Ragnar Kj??rstad wrote:
> > It turns out the problem was that "callsign" was empty, and
> > channelOrdering was set to callsign.
> >
> > Now I can change the channel :-)
> >
> > May I suggest changing the error-handeling to handle this better? Juding
> > from the number of people reporting to have problems with this it's easy
> > to get it wrong and hard to figgure out what the problem is.
> >
> What's causing "callsign" to be empty?  How is this fixed?

Most likely I did something wrong when importing all the channels (when
setting up the source).

The best way to verify and fix it is to access the database directly.
do "mysql mythconverg", and try:
"Select * from channel"
and see that all the fields are properly filled in.

If they're not, you can update with
"UPDATE callsign='foo' where chanid=1" and so on.

I think this is related to the ordering of the channels, so it may or
may not be the callsign that is missing in your case (depending on how
you chose to order the channels).

--
Ragnar Kjørstad