[mythtv-users] pvr 250 help needed.

chuck cferring at comcast.net
Sun Apr 27 20:20:18 UTC 2003

Brad Sagowitz wrote:
> I 've got a question... can you choose which tuner is default in a dual
> tuner situation?  I'm have some bad jagged lines sporadically during
> recording and I'm pretty sure that its my Hauppauge 401 card which is in
> a pci slot closer to the agp slot then my leadtek card.  I'd like to
> record with the leadtek and see if it has any problems.

Yes. I've swapped the order of cards many times. It's easy =).

First prudent paranoia:

mysqldump -u mythtv --password=mythtv mythconverg > mythtv_backup.sql

$ cd MC/setup
$ ./setup
Would you like to clear all capture card
settings before starting configuration? [no] yes
Would you like to clear all program/channel
settings before starting configuration? [no] no

"yes" to the first question will just empty the tables for
capture card info and leave all your channel/program/recording
data in tact.

Go to step 2 and choose "(New capture card)". Fill in your
info for /dev/video1 first(!). Choose  New capture card again
and fill in the info for /dev/video second. You should skip
step 3 because your Video sources haven't changed. Go to step
4 to associate your video sources to input connections.

Restart mythbackend and it will always choose /dev/video1
before /dev/video.

If you have other slave backends, what I like to do is setup
one of the cards on the master, setup the slave backends in
order of preference, then go back to the master and add the
second tuner. This way, it will only use the second tuner as
a last resort.

--  bjm