[mythtv-users] EPIA-M and Hauppauge PVR-250

Erik Hovland erik at hovland.org
Thu Apr 24 19:33:54 UTC 2003

On Thu, Apr 24, 2003 at 09:56:27AM -0700, Dan Fleming wrote:
> Anyone know how to give Via a kick in the rear to get us support for
> their decoder under Linux?

I wish I did. I am interested in organizing a collected effort.
Mainly because as you say that platform is about the sweet spot for a
mythtv box. But only if the mpeg2 decoder is supported.

The current issues with the EPIA M platform and Linux:
- ALSA driver is substandard (although it is actively being worked)
- USB 2.0 not fully supported
- Consumer IR hardware not supported
- MPEG2 decoder not supported (as already mentioned)
- X accellerated driver immature and currently only in X cvs

To watch people complain about EPIA M and linux daily, check out the VIA
Arena linux forum:
http://forums.viaarena.com/categories.cfm?catid=28

Erik Hovland
mail: erik at hovland.org