[mythtv-users] TV-out problems

Steve mrred at linux1.65535.net
Tue Apr 22 21:45:05 UTC 2003

> However this is all somewhat spoiled by a horizontal sweeping flicker -
> about 3 'sweeps' per second. It's a bit like what you see when you see
> computer monitors on TV, except it's a vertical lines moving in a
> horizontal sweeping motion.
>
> Anyone got any idea what's going on and how to fix it? Or how I can go
> about
> finding out?

Could be a problem with noise on your cable (from your cable provider),
or from your antenna. I had exactly the same problem here.

Try connecting a wire from the shield of your cable to "ground". Just
about any wire will do, like spare speaker wire, etc. If you use a cable
splitter you can attach the wire to the splitter chassis (anywhere on
the outer metal box). A good place to find "ground" is the screw that
holds the faceplate of an electrical outlet to the electrical box behind
the drywall.

Good luck,

Steve