[mythtv-users] What Resolution Are You Using?

Dan Hopper ku4nf at austin.rr.com
Tue Apr 22 01:27:59 UTC 2003

Bruce Markey <bjm at lvcm.com> remarked:
> jasonmiller wrote:
> >Technically NTSC is 320x240, PAL is 320x288.
>
> Well, technically NTSC is analog. There are two interlaced
> fields of about 240 scan lines for a total of about 480
> sacn lines that carry picture information. There are 525
> total line including sync and such. Each scan line has analog

So, I note from the discussion that we're de-interlacing the video
on the way in, storing it progressive on disk, and then of course
interlacing it for going out to the TV.  Would it not be better to
store it on disk as interlaced frames?  I would think that without
the filters required it the video quality would be improved for more
than one reason.

Dan