[mythtv-users] setting capture size

Bruce Markey bjm at lvcm.com
Mon Apr 21 20:24:46 UTC 2003

Mike Schrag wrote:
> The docs refer to setting capture size and gui size ... I see the
> setting for GUI size, but I don't see a setting for capture size.

The capture sizes are set in Setup->Recording on the "Image
size" page for each profile.

> Currently, when my res is 640x480, capture size is ending up 480x480
> (which looks pretty goofy).

Where does this look goofy? For full screen playback, the
image is scaled to fit your 4:3 screen so it should be
4:3 regardless of the record resolution. For playback in a
window, it would default to the record res but you can grab
the edge of the window to resize or in Setup->Playback you
can check Fixed Aspect Ratio so that the windowed image will
always be shaped 4:3.

If this is a PVR250 and there are uminplemented features,
then ignore my misunderstanding of the question ;-).

--  bjm