[mythtv-users] MythTV and NFS

Eni Gma enigma at thedonnerparty.com
Mon Apr 21 13:37:55 UTC 2003

Patrick M Geahan wrote:

>Folks -
>
>Has anyone here attempted to record using MythTV on an NFS-mounted volume?
>I plan to run MythTV on a 1Ghz Duron with a WinTV PVR250.  I have a 100MB
>home network, and I don't think it'll be a problem.  Can anyone verify?

I use NFS (read more about my setup at
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/perl/mailarc/gforum.cgi?post=58030;search_string=nfs;guest=369558&t=search_engine#58030).
 From a quick search of the archives, it seems that many people are
using it.  There is a discussion of NFS performance at
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/perl/mailarc/gforum.cgi?post=56426;search_string=nfs;guest=369558&t=search_engine#56426.
 Personally, I see no reason not to use NFS, other than it makes it
difficult to identify performance problems since it add another variable
to the mix.