[mythtv-users] Pinnacle PCTV Questions

Paul Smith paullocal at pscs.co.uk
Sun Apr 20 18:36:31 UTC 2003

At 20:12 19/04/2003 +0200, Ben Bucksch wrote:
>>2.  Will these cards be able to record TV sound without a jumper from the
>>tuner to my sound card?
>It should support that. HOWEVER, first check that there are actually
>working Linux drivers at all. The PAL new version of this card as of
>autumn last year did not work under Linux, unlike mentioned in the kernel
>sources. They changed the tuner to a custom one, and a tech at the company
>confirmed that there is currently (back then) no Linux driver for it,
>although they have Linux drivers on their website, those are for the old
>revisions. I had to give it back. There is no change to the product name
>or anything - braindead. The new tuner is very small and thin, maybe 3mm
>high, very unlike the tuners you can see from photos of usual cards on the
>net, maybe 6mm or more high.

Aha!

That explains why I haven't been able to get anything working here! I have
a Pinnacle card with one of the new tuners.

Yep - changed it for an old WinTV card I had lying around, and I can now
get XAWTV to work (still not MythTV yet..) I'll have to put the Pinnacle
card into my ShowShifter Windows PC and take the newer WinTV card out into
the MythTV box...

Paul				VPOP3 - Internet Email Server/Gateway
support at pscs.co.uk			http://www.pscs.co.uk/