[mythtv-users] Re:can we all get together and figure out cpu usage - Please respond

Wally Wallace wally at satx.rr.com
Sat Apr 19 20:57:41 UTC 2003

Well I guess no one cares enough to actually do what I asked an post cpu
usage. Instead you all seem to post sill suggestions that I have already
tried

john wrote:
-Check your X logs to make sure X is using xv to play the video and not
-xsm
I thought xsm was x session manager and I din't know it could play
video. Anyway, myth says it is connecting to an xv port and my logs show
xv.

bjm wrote:
-Did you ever think "What the hell" I might as well try a
-simple window manager like 'twm" to see if that makes a
-difference? 30-50% cpu for the X server is not normal and
-is likely related to your other problems.

How bout "What the hell" I will humor the guy who started the thread and
actually post my specs:) I do appreciate your comments though.

I think it is just common since that I would
have done that. I have tried blackbox, fluxobox, twm, fvwm, icewm, and
xfce. What do you suggest i try next ratpoison - don't think it would
handle changing focus?

I know it is not normal, if people would post their hardware specs
perhaps those of use who have obscure
hardware problems could figure out what is going on.

Is snow hard to decompress? My signal seems to be fine and I tried
hooking up a vcr and have the same issues.

Sorry if I am coming across as frustrated - but no one seems to care
enough to post their working cpu and encoding specs. I mean should I
throw up a website with a form to subset for those who don't feel like
taking the time to email? I don't want to waste my time if no one will
participate.

-Wally