[mythtv-users] WinPVR-350?

Jim Paris jim at jtan.com
Fri Apr 18 08:30:22 UTC 2003

> Looks like the new Sigma Designs card (Xvideo?) could be the new hot decoder
> device, replacing the old Hollywood plus card.  No linux driver though...
> (boo).  Shame it has RGB output and everything needed to be a very high
> quality output device.

I have a couple Sigma Designs NetStream 2000s sitting around.  They're
pretty decent; component out, VGA passthrough for overlays, etc.
There's a bit of Linux support for them (open source kernel driver,
closed source userspace library, open source userspace player, some
API docs).  Unfortunately, I don't think very many people have them,
and so none of the popular projects support it... :(

-jim