[mythtv-users] How I Did It

Isaac Richards ijr at po.cwru.edu
Mon Apr 14 16:46:33 UTC 2003

On Monday 14 April 2003 11:54 am, Iohan Reyes wrote:
> Finally got the How I Did It post updated on my website.  I will probably
> at some point in the future do it all over again and I will fine-tune the
> post when I do.
>
> http://www.routex.net/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewforum&f=4
>
> Feel free to register a username so you can post to the forum.

>From your Step 7:
 [b]Note:[/]b] I realize that this step is somewhat redundant with some
earlier steps (XMLTV, LAME) but that's fine. It will overwrite any versions
you had installed earlier.

This is completely untrue.  You've now got two versions of lame and xmltv (and
it's dependent perl modules) installed, one in /usr/local/, and one in /usr.
This _will_ break majorly things in the future as you update to newer
versions.  Don't mix source-compiled software and binary packages, and
especially don't have both installed without knowing what you're doing.

Isaac