[mythtv-users] MythTV on PPC

Gregorio Gervasio Jr. gtgj at pacbell.net
Sun Apr 13 23:45:47 UTC 2003

>>>>> On Sun, 13 Apr 2003 12:25:57 -0400, Brett Bolen <brettb at moya.trilug.org> said:

b> Has anybody tried MythTV on apple hardware.  I would like to run
b> at least the frontend on PPC hardware.

b> Any reason why this won't work?

        I have the frontend working on Linux/PPC.  It required some
big-endian patches.  I can post these patches if there's interest.  I
was trying to get it working on MacOSX but it turns out that there is
no Xv support and X11 ShM is not usable.  I need to try it again after
the recent non-ShM mode fixes.  Adding SDL support to Myth may be the
way to go but it's not something I can try to do for now.

--
Gregorio Gervasio, Jr.
gtgj at pacbell.net