[mythtv-users] Myth is locking soundcard and preventing full duplex operation

Edward Wildgoose edward.wildgoose at frmhedge.com
Sun Apr 13 22:21:22 UTC 2003

Re-reading this I think the grammar was appalling and I failed to explain my
problem - sorry....

The point is that my sound card only appears to be able to play a single
audio stream and that when mythtv is *recording* from the TV it seems to be
using up my single channel for *playing back* sound....?

Can someone confirm that this is happening, or that when mythtv is recording
it is doing anything else which might be locking the play device in some way
which is causing the problem.

The point is that the RME card has no built in mixer and so I presume that I
would need to install JACK or something similar to play multiple audio
streams, however, this ought to be unneccessary?

Thanks