[mythtv-users] setup problems

Brad Sagowitz sagz at sagz.dynip.com
Sat Apr 12 19:59:30 UTC 2003

I believe MPEG4, as well as MPEG2, compresses in such a way that interlacing is handled by the algorithm so there isn't a hit to the compression ratio.  I run with deinterlacing turned on for TV-Out for sure.  My kids watch a lot of high contrast stuff (read, cartoons :) and without deinterlacing during playback the jaggieness is obvious.  Probably because I'm recording at 480x480 which doesn't scale scan for scan with the normal tv scanrate.