[mythtv-users] Record Past the End of a Show Not Working

Jeremy Johnson sp_towelie at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 12 03:02:44 UTC 2003

Jason Tackaberry wrote:

>For those that have used both, I'm wondering if anyone can explain your
>experiences and compare/contrast these two pieces of software?  Both
>seem quite good.  I played with Freevo for a few minutes on my PC at
>work (no tuner card, but I'm able to test out movies/mp3/general
>interface).

as I understand it, freevo cant record tv, so you can't pause, rewind
and so forth. Since that is _why_ I would want a pvr in the first place
freevo is useless to me.

>My general sense is that Freevo is less feature-filled than MythTV, but
>it does feel a lot more solid to me.  At least, it hasn't crashed on me,
>whereas MythTV crashes regularly.

I use 0.8 right now. Rock solid and has been up continuously since 0.8
was released. I use it constantly, so it is getting a good workout. If
you are getting a lot of crashes you must have something wrong with your
setup, or perhaps you are using cvs which does not advertise itself as
being stable. So by my count mythtv easily wins on features, and is
solid to boot.

cedar