[mythtv-users] sblive problems and hauppauge popping

Wally Wallace wally at satx.rr.com
Sat Apr 12 03:01:20 UTC 2003

Hello,

I just recently came across Myth while searching for an alternative to my
TIVO box.  Despite the fact that I have no Linux experience (or computer
building experience for that matter), I have been bitten by the Myth bug and
am planning to build a dedicated box once I've read enough and gained some
understanding.  So, this is probably the first of many questions and I thank
you in advance for your patience.

On my TIVO box I have both composite out and coaxial out.  I have the
composite attached to a TV and the coaxial runs around the house to another
TV.  I'm able to watch the same show on either set or on both sets at the
same time, which meets my needs.  Is it possible to build a Myth box with
this capability?  What hardware and software would I need?

Thanks,

Jon