[mythtv-users] A few problems with mythtv

Charles Mason charles-mason at ntlworld.com
Fri Apr 11 10:16:29 UTC 2003

Edward Wildgoose wrote:

>>IOBOUND - blocking in ThreadedFileWriter::Write()
>>Segmentation fault
>>

>I think you are using 0.8 rather than a latest CVS?  I used to get this, I forget exactly what the problem was due to, but I *think* it was something that was fixed after 0.8 was released?

I have now tried using the CVS. It does not help I still get the same
problem. However now the front displays an error message as well. The
output is shown below

connecting to backend server: 127.0.0.1:7543
Changing from None to WatchingLiveTV
Over/underscanning. V: 0.000000, H: 0.000000, XOff: 0, YOff: 0
Using XV port 106
Your soundcard is not reporting free space correctly.
Falling back to old method...

It then returns to the terminal prompt. This happens like before only on
certian channels and only after about 5 seconds of perfectly normal
viewing. I included with an earlyer email details about my setup if they
are of any help. Has anyone got any idea about how to fix this.