[mythtv-users] bttv driver problem solved, new problem here -

Iohan Reyes ijr at routex.net
Tue Apr 8 10:43:47 UTC 2003

Hi all,

Thanks for the help on the bttv driver.  I have successfully recompiled my
kernel and it recognizes the bt848 card now.  I got as far as running
mythtv-setup and mythfilldatabase (both seemed to work).  But when I run
mythtv, here is what I get:

sh-2.05a$ mythtv
Xlib:  extension "GLX" missing on display ":0.0".
connecting to backend server: 127.0.0.1:6543
Changing from None to WatchingLiveTV
player: Can't open audio device:
open audio:: No such file or directory
Over/underscanning. V: 0.050000, H: 0.050000, XOff: 0, YOff: 0
Couldn't find Xv support, falling back to non-Xv mode.
* MythTV performance will be much slower since color
* conversion and scaling will be done in software.
* Consider upgrading your video card or X server if
* you would like better performance.
Couldn't load osdtheme:  at /usr/share/mythtv/themes//
Unable to find font:
No OSD will be displayed.
Segmentation fault
sh-2.05a$

Looks like I have a few of problems.  I am using the vesa driver for my
card, my audio doesn't seem to be recognized and I am missing a theme
and/or font.  Any suggestions on how to solve each one?

Thanks!

Iohan

--On Monday, April 07, 2003 11:04 AM -0400 Iohan Reyes <ijr at routex.net>