[mythtv-users] MythTV goes mobile!

Matthew Brichacek mmbrich at ldl.fc.hp.com
Mon Apr 7 18:03:25 UTC 2003

So far this is the way I have been doing it.  The laptop in the truck
has a built in wireless that connects when I pull in the garage.  Then
every night a cron job kicks off and syncs the recordings I want
according to the channel they were on (eg: 1045 and 1013).  After that I
have to copy the entries out of the main backends db and edit them for
the truck and upload those.  Otherwise I can run the dbrebuild script in
the contrib directory, but I never know the file names so I have a list
of blank names in the db.
The other thing I could do is rysnc the files and then change the names
of the files according to the main db, this will let me watch them with
mplayer in the truck but I loose all the great functionality of myth.
Since I was busy blowing up hardware this weekend I didn't even have a
chance to sit down and start a script.  Once the hardware situation is
fixed I will start looking back into it.

Matt