[mythtv-users] why are the mythtv stream files differentfromstandard codecs?

Joseph A. Caputo jcaputo1 at comcast.net
Mon Apr 7 13:43:05 UTC 2003

These parameters seem OK, but keep in mind that this method will produce
either an SVCD (if encoding to MPEG-2), or an XVCD (non-standard bitrate
VCD) if using MPEG-1.  Standard VCD is a constant video bitrate of 1150.
Not sure about the audio parameters.

For lots of info on many issues regarding ripping/transcoding/burning
VCD/SVCD/DVD/cDVD/DivX, check out http://www.vcdhelp.com

-Joe C.