[mythtv-users] why are the mythtv stream files different fromstandard codecs?

Greg geflatt at hfx.eastlink.ca
Sat Apr 5 13:07:40 UTC 2003

Well I patch mplayer 0.90rc5 and now can view the video in mplayer, so I
guess that means the mpeg4 is modified... Next I tried converting it to
a format that windows can play by:

mencoder -ovc copy -oac copy source.nuv -o test.avi

the resulting test.avi is playable in mplayer, but I only get the sound
in windows. Seen mention in the archives about getting a black video in
windows, but it was suggested that a patch was needed so mplayer can
play this files, which it can now do.

Greg