[mythtv-users] Dream Machine

Gregorio Gervasio Jr. gtgj at pacbell.net
Sat Apr 5 07:10:13 UTC 2003

>>>>> On Fri, 04 Apr 2003 23:04:24 -0600, Brad Sagowitz <sagz at sagz.dynip.com> said:

[...]

b> Below is what I have planned can you see any problems?

b> 2400+ AMD XP Processor?
b> ASUS A7N8X MB?

        I think you'll need to build your own kernels to get support
for nForce2 IDE.  I've been using 2.4.21-pre5-ac1 for my 2500+/A7N8X
system.

b> ATI 9000 Radeon 64mb w/TV out Video Card?

        An ATI card is not the best choice right now for TV out.
There was a thread on video card recommendations a few days ago.
Check the list archives.  I went with a cheap GeForce2 MX that's
supported by "nvtv" (to get overscan) and use nVidia's latest drivers.

b> 2 Hauppauge 401 cards

        Your system might not be powerful enough to handle two decodes
and one encode at 640x480.  A single encode occassionally hits 50% CPU
on my system.  480x480 will probably be okay.
--
Gregorio Gervasio, Jr.
gtgj at pacbell.net