[mythtv-users] AIW 8500 and ragepro question

Edward Wildgoose edward.wildgoose at frmhedge.com
Fri Apr 4 22:30:53 UTC 2003

> I am getting ready to set up a myth box and I have a question or two.
> 1) With the gatos drivers, will I be able to use my AIW 8500dv for tv
> capture and then

Unfortunately the AIW cannot be used as a TV capture device with Mythtv.
Check the archives for a more detailed discussion, but basically the drivers
aren't powerful enough yet.

> 2) with the tv out on my ragepro card, use that to display tv?

Perhaps.  However, I have had a terrible time getting TV out to work with my
ATI card.  In the end I bought a geforce 2 MX...  However, a few days ago
there were some recommendations for good convertors to take the VGA signal
from any old card and turn it into a TV signal.  I think this is a better
way to go in general.