[mythtv-users] Re:mencoder gives black video?

Joe S fecund at rocketmail.com
Thu Apr 3 16:50:22 UTC 2003

I did not know about that patch, the only one I found was:
http://dijkstra.csh.rit.edu:8088/~mdz/mythtv/

In fact I only found one mention of that patch you described, but can't
find a download location.

Some people have said that "mencoder -oac copy -ovc copy" will give a
file playable on a windows machine.  I have not had any success with
this.  Gspot shows that it is divx4/opendivx and that the codec is
installed, but I still get blank or black video.  I would really like
to get this functionality to work as well.   I have tried playing the
file on multiple machines with no luck.

=====
Joe