[mythtv-users] Widescreen plasma displays

Unit3 unit3 at demoni.ca
Wed Apr 2 19:07:36 UTC 2003

Edward Wildgoose wrote:

>Looking to the future, I am thinking about getting a plasma screen with a DVI input.  However, looking at the specs for current machines they appear to have native resolutions which are (say) 1024x768 and other 4:3 type resolutions...

 From what I've heard, a lot of these display actually have real
widescreen formats you can use, where the height is still 768 but the
width is much more than 1024. However, I have no ideas which models
support this and which don't... in any case, it'd probably be in your
best interests to look for a model that *does* support it, as you can
then just set your X desktop to this resolution and everything should
work fine.

Graeme