[mythtv-users] AverTV Studio no sound

Patrick Landry pml4791 at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 1 04:38:47 UTC 2003

--- Thor Johnson <thormj at ieee.org> wrote:
> > I'm trying to set up a new MythTV system based
> > around an AverTV Studio
> > card.  The video seems to be working pretty well,
> > but I'm stuck on the
> > audio.
>
> For my AverTV Studio, I need to use the audiomux
> option, otherwise I get the SAP channel.
>    bttv audiomux=4,4,8,4,0
>
> I don't know how it affects non-tuner inputs because
> I haven't used them yet.
>
> -Thor Johnson

I also have to use an audiomux parameter but I am
using
   options bttv audiomux=0xff44e gbuffers=32
I found that suggestion on the web in a couple of
places. The symptom that I was having was MythTV
locking up on channel changes before I put this
options line in modules.conf. I was convinced I had
an audio driver/hardware problem and worked on that
assumption for a few days before I finally decided to
move on to troubleshooting my AverTV setup.
--
patrick