[mythtv-users] Video card problem (Geforce2 vs. Savage 2000)

Ray Olszewski ray at comarre.com
Wed Apr 30 22:29:52 UTC 2003

At 01:15 AM 5/1/2003 +0100, James Fidell wrote:
>[...]
> > No: The Savage X driver does not support xv (xVideo) on the Savage 2000.
> > The developer classes this as an unresolved bug, but it has been
> unresolved
> > for a long time now, so don't hold your breath. xShm works (with xine, for
> > example), but it consumes a lot of CPU cycles so is probably not a good
> > option for Myth.
>
>This does appear to be a problem.  I've downloaded the latest X drivers
>and get a blank screen with the correct sound when I try to watch anything.
>The Savage driver web page suggests that this is only a problem in 24-bit
>mode.  It doesn't work for me in 16-bit or 8-bit mode though.

You found the wrong section of the Web page. What you are referring to is a
general (and quite old) comment about the Savage driver. Elsewhere on the
same page is a specific (and quite recent) caution specifically about the
Savage 2000 -- "xvideo on the Savage2000 still seems to be broken. I don't
know when I'll be able to get around to this." That is the bug report I was
referring to.