[mythtv-users] xmltv dumps from nxtvepg and channelids

markus scholz macdanger at web.de
Mon Apr 28 18:14:11 EDT 2003

Hi folks,

because nxtvepg is more usefull to me I gave it a try. A Problem turned out
and I didn't find any solution in the archives:

nxtvep saves the channelids in the form of "CNIxxxx" (CNI0DC1, CNI0DE0 and
something like that). But to use channel information in MythTV I need
channelids like E2, SE1(europe-west) and so on.
To use the CNIxxxx-format I expandet the format of th field channum in the
table channel and of the field startchan in cardinput from 5 chars to 20.
Then I added a new frequency table called europe-west_cni into the
frequencies.c . After some testing and recompiling I got it work, but my
Problem is: I don't have a table with mappings from CNIxxxx to the real
freqencies, so my new frequency table is very incomplite until now...

Can someone help me out with a table that shows me a mapping between
CNI-Frequencies and E1,E2,SE1(etc.)-Frequencies or the real ones?

Or is there a easier solution to get the nxtvepg running with the europe-west
settings?

greetings, markus