[Mythtv-translators] Bulgarian translation status?

Nicolas Riendeau knight at teksavvy.com
Fri Nov 1 11:24:08 UTC 2013

On 2013-11-01 6:44 AM, Ivan Kabaivanov wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Jordan Kanev has been working diligently on the Bulgarian translation for the last year and he has made great progress already, close to a complete translation.  However, looking at http://www.insidethex.co.uk/mythtv/translation-status/master/ gives the wrong impression that the Bulgarian translation is still in its infancy.  Jordan has duly submitted his patches and as I understand, they are sitting in an inbox somewhere.

No, they are not sitting in an inbox nor in our bug tracking system.

You can see the status of all opened translations tickets here:

http://code.mythtv.org/trac/report/28

Since I found nothing doing that search, I tried searching for "Bulgarian".

http://code.mythtv.org/trac/search?q=Bulgarian

As you can see, I get either closed tickets, attachments or our bug
tracking system Unicode test page.

His last two tickets were

http://code.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/10576

Which Kenni didn't commit for the reason mentioned in the ticket and
Jordan was aware of this (see his reply).

http://code.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/10663

Which I committed to two of our branches.

The patches were modifying two of the smallest translation files,
submitting those would hardly change the completion status.

> Can whoever is in charge of accepting translations/patches check
 > on the status of Jordan's patches and give him feedback if
 > necessary.  Jordan is a PhD. student who will receive credit
 > towards his> university degree based on his participation in
 > an OSS project, mythtv in particular.

We would have if he had submitted additional tickets but I don't see any
traces of it. My guess is he was so busy he taught he had submitted
additional tickets but he never did.

Translation tickets, unless there is a problem with the translation and
if so we let the submitter know, are usually committed within days and
quite frequently the same day they were submitted.

Благодаря,

Nicolas Riendeau
MythTV translation maintainer/developer