[Mythtv-translators] Problems translating mythweb

Yianni Vidalis yiannividalis at hotmail.com
Sun Aug 11 17:41:33 UTC 2013

I have started translating mythweb and I've come across something that I think is a bug. It concerns the Categories translations.

I've created Greek.cat, Greek.lang and I've added the line:

        'Greek'         => array('Ελληνικά',           'el_GR',       'el_GR'),

in the Translate.php file as per the instructions at http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Translation#Translate_MythWeb

I'm enclosing a small abstract from the Greek.cat file:

"Crime_Mystery"
  Αστυνομική_Μυστηρίου
    \b(?:Αστυνομική|μυστηρ|crim|myster) (I've kept the English expressions as well)

To avoid the language barrier, I'll try to simplify:

"Crime_Mystery"
  GRCrime_GRMystery
    \b(?:grpolice|grmyst|crim|myster)

The way it should work if I understand correctly is: The program searches the db for the value of the Category column in "Program" table. It compares it to the regular expressions in the third line, i.e. words that start with grpolice, or grmyst, or crim or myster and then shows "GRCrime_GRMystery" in mythweb.

It doesn't work like this, though. The genre color changes successfully only if the Category column contains GRCrime_GRMystery, and it's case sensitive.

Should I report this as a bug, or am I misunderstanding something?

Please let me know if I should provide any more info.

Yianni.