[Mythtv-translators] ***IMPORTANT*** A few last minute strings...

Nicolas Riendeau knight at teksavvy.com
Sun Sep 23 02:18:56 UTC 2012

Hi!

We very recently had to make an exception to the HARD string freeze
because it was discovered that due to what appears to be a cut & paste
problem some incorrect strings were displayed in some situations.

Since these are theme strings they are not immediately available for
translation so another exception was made to run the theme string
extraction program one last time before release.

When I recently asked about what we should do in a similar situation the

What this means is that the strings that were fixed and the strings that
were recently added or modified in the themes we translate will be
available for translation.

The number of strings that have to be translated is relatively small (a
few template strings, a few modifications here and there to strings that
where already there and a few new strings) and we have about 5 days to
translate them. If they go in during that time period they will be in
the initial release, if they go in after they will be available in
0.26-fixes (we will backport them).

We would have preferred to avoid such a situation but we could no longer
hide our heads in the sand like ostriches, ie know about a problem and
do nothing about it.

If some of you are clearly against doing this, please let me know. I
assumed that since I got positive answers and no negative answers when I
asked about what to do in a similar situation the others agreed with
what was said.

Thank you very much for your work and have a nice day!

Nicolas

*** In the interest of full disclosure one of those opinions was from
one my translation team member but I did not mention that thread to him
and did not ask him to say he agreed with it, it was his own opinion he
was voicing.