[Mythtv-translators] Themestrings has been updated for 0.25 - It's time to start translating! :)

Kenni Lund kenni at kelu.dk
Thu Mar 22 18:24:04 UTC 2012

2012/3/22 Nicolas Riendeau <knight at teksavvy.com>
> On 3/22/2012 12:57 PM, Nick Morrott wrote:
> > On 21 March 2012 14:05, Kenni Lund<kenni at kelu.dk>  wrote:
> >> FYI, a couple of corrections to the themestrings were comitted earlier
> >> today. We expect that all strings will stay frozen from now on until
> >> the
> >> final release.
> >
> > I noticed some UTF-8 weirdness today after updating for the en_gb
> > translations. The XML element generated by lupdate containing the
> > description text for the Steppes theme (it contains "Français") was
> > not generated with valid UTF-8, but rather each of the two bytes
> > representing the "ç" character (should be C3 A7) was further
> > re-encoded into UTF-8 so that 4 bytes in total (C3 83 C2 A7) were
> > output for the character in the file.

Heh...that bug just won't die :) First the encoding issue appeared in
the theme downloader generation script, then in the themestrings tool
and now in lupdate...

> I think I have an idea how to fix it (assuming lupdate is actually able
> to extract UTF-8 correctly)

Ok, good, I haven't looked at it yet.

> freeze. If we get reports from any of the translators that some strings
> are untranslatable we *might* temporarily break the string freeze in
> order to correct these issues and fix this at the same time..

Yep, if it's the only string that needs fixing, let's just fix it
through the translations. If we want to, we can always fix the source
string as well as the single character in all of the translations, on
the day before the release of 0.25.

Best regards
Kenni