[Mythtv-translators] Themestrings has been updated for 0.25 - It's time to start translating! :)

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Thu Mar 22 16:57:41 UTC 2012

On 21 March 2012 14:05, Kenni Lund <kenni at kelu.dk> wrote:
> FYI, a couple of corrections to the themestrings were comitted earlier
> today. We expect that all strings will stay frozen from now on until the
> final release.

I noticed some UTF-8 weirdness today after updating for the en_gb
translations. The XML element generated by lupdate containing the
description text for the Steppes theme (it contains "Français") was
not generated with valid UTF-8, but rather each of the two bytes
representing the "ç" character (should be C3 A7) was further
re-encoded into UTF-8 so that 4 bytes in total (C3 83 C2 A7) were
output for the character in the file.

Checking the updated themestrings.h file and upstream theme shows no
issues - the issue seems to be with lupdate. I'm running en_gb.utf8
here and haven't noticed any other weirdness. Do you see the same
issue when you update your ts files locally?

I've updated the translation so it works with the "bad" string in the interim.

> As previously mentioned, the release of MythTV 0.25 is scheduled for the 2nd
> of April, so please submit your final translations as soon as possible.

I updated the translation stats earlier and will again in a few days.
Overall completions are improving but I'm hoping for a lot of updates
come in for those languages with low current completions :)


Nick Morrott

MythTV Official wiki: http://mythtv.org/wiki/
MythTV users list archive: http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users

"An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest." - Benjamin Franklin

More information about the Mythtv-translators mailing list