[Mythtv-translators] Translation missed on MythWeb

Nicolas Riendeau knight at teksavvy.com
Thu Dec 13 12:43:58 UTC 2012

Hi Walter!

Walter Cheuk wrote:
> Could I just add the two new strings to my already-translated file? BTW,

You could but the safest way (and most likely to work) way to update 
your file would be to check out a new copy of the git repository, copy 
your updated translation file over the one in that copy and run 

Something like

git clone git://github.com/MythTV/mythweb.git mythweb-copy

(that will checkout a copy of the repo in the mythweb-copy directory)

then copy (cp) from the directory where you have your updated 
translation over the same file in mythweb-copy and finally run 

(That way of updating translation files is pretty similar to the one we 
use for one of the translations I work on. The files are kept separate 
from the checkout of the git repository and are only copied in one when 
we want to update them.)

> the singular form seems to be not used now. It displays '0 videos' when
> there is no video.

It sounds like you don't have the latest version.

I initially added "%1 video" and "%1 videos" but when I noticed how it 
was handling no videos (it though it was plural) I added "No videos".

Keep me posted...

Have a nice day!


More information about the Mythtv-translators mailing list