[Mythtv-translators] Translation missed on MythWeb

Nicolas Riendeau knight at teksavvy.com
Sun Dec 9 03:07:43 UTC 2012

Hi Walter!

On 12/6/2012 8:14 PM, Walter Cheuk wrote:
> However, either translating '$1 videos' or 'videos' do not change the
> string on screen.

I thoroughly tested it (even more than usual since I rarely program in
PHP which is what MythWeb is written in) and it works as well as I could
make it work given the limitations of the translation framework used in
MythWeb) so there must be a problem with your checkout or with the
location where you deployed it.

I only did this on master though (I'll backport it to -fixes if you can
cofirm it work A-OK on your side too).

> Also, running build_translations do not update the translation files at all.

That's normal since I already ran it. We never run lupdate (which does a
similar job for the rest of MythTV) but usually when strings are added
to MythWeb the devs that add them run build_translations which I did.

Are you getting any errors when you do a checkout? Could you try again
with another copy of the repo?

Thank you and have a nice day!

Nicolas