[Mythtv-translators] How to change the language setting after mythTV setup?

Bin Xu xubin0712 at hotmail.com
Thu Jul 28 15:09:57 UTC 2011

Cool, that answers my question, thanks!

While I think it would be better if we can have some switch on the front end UI to choose the preferred language.

Thanks,

Bin

Hi!

Sorry, it looks like I either missed or never received the original message
as I always try to reply to posts made on this mailing list and did not in
this case because I never saw the original message...

> On 07/23/2011 06:26 PM, Bin Xu wrote:
> > I am new to MythTV so correct me if I am wrong.
> >
> > I try to contribute to the translations and find I cannot change the
> > language setup to test my translations. So I spend a little time with
> > the code and change the language in mysql database settings table. And
> > it works now.

In the user interface it should have been under something like
Setup/Settings, Appearance I think (I can't check as I am not home right
now and I am not a 100% sure as the frontend I use the most is not using
English but French).

(I am assuming though that the user interface was displayed in a language
you understood...)

> > My question is, is it possible to change the language setting after
> > the initial setup under mythtv-setup? I did see the language and
> > country setup during first settings screen.

<snip>

> mythfrontend -p

Thanks Mike! I have added this to the translation wiki page...

Have a nice day!

Nick