[Mythtv-translators] New translation instructions for git?

Nicolas Riendeau knight at teksavvy.com
Sat Jan 8 15:27:04 UTC 2011

Hi!

On 1/8/2011 9:17 AM, Florian Bittner wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> these days i got a diff file for the german translation. It contains
> lines like:

That's probably the patch that was submitted in a ticket a few days ago...

> Is this correct or did the translator something wrong with the git-diff
> command?

AFAIK, it's OK.

Can you try patching with patch -p1 < diff_file_name?

> Can someone please update the instructions in the wiki
> (http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Translation) ?

They hadn't been updated fully since some things are bound to change
before the next release but I'll get on it.

I know Mike had already started adjusting it to git somewhat but there
are still a few things left to do.

BTW, please note that the patch you received is probably against 0.24
and not Trunk/master so if you had already started updating you
translation against Trunk/master it might not apply cleanly.

Have a nice day!

Nicolas