[Mythtv-translators] How to translate "preroll + head start"?

Nicolas Riendeau knight at teksavvy.com
Sun Sep 19 21:09:40 UTC 2010

Hi!

I plead guilty (-; , I made these formerly only displayed in English
messages, translatable.

On 9/19/2010 2:31 PM, ikke wrote:
> And is there a way to identify that in MythTV? This is something new,
> but I don't get exactly what it means, please try to explain if you
> do.

The thing that is new is that they are now translatable but they were
always shown in the status pages but only in English.

I agree that these terms are too technical though...

In 0.23 these and other messages were always shown in English.

For some of them the problems was not that they were not translatable
but that the translation files were not loaded by mythcommflag,
mythfilldatabase, etc...

For others the messages were shown to the user but they were not made
translatable (by doing the proper call to Qt).

What my patch did was load the translation files and make these status
messages translatable.

I did not address the fact that they were possibly too technical, only
the fact that they were shown to the user (ie user-facing) and as such
should be made translatable.

I guess I should have suggested back then that they should be made more
user-friendly by somebody who actually understood what they meant but,
as I said, these were always shown in the status pages..

Have a nice day!

Nick