[Mythtv-translators] Errors/warnings when running lupdate

Nicolas Riendeau knight at teksavvy.com
Sat Aug 21 21:33:55 UTC 2010

Hi!

On 8/21/2010 4:47 PM, Roger Mårtensson wrote:
> I thought I would take a stab at updating the swedish translations

That's good news!

Don't forget to check if there is already a maintainer (or a team of
maintainers) for it though...

(At first glance there doesn't seem to be...)

> But I get some errors while running the lupdate as recommended by the
> Translation wiki page.
>
> Is they just friendly warnings that can be ignored or something more
> serious?

<snip>

> /home/roger/mythtv/trunk/mythtv/libs/libmythui/metadatacommon.cpp:178:
> Class 'MetadataLookup' lacks Q_OBJECT macro

Only this one is a friendly warning... It's essentially a warning
telling you/us that there is a missing declaration in that file.

(Depending on how you call the translation methods of Qt you something
have to use this macro. lupdate is noticing that the way that module
does its translation calls there should be "call" to the Q_OBJECT macro.
If nobody beats me to it (my backend is down at the moment but I should
be able to get it working tonight) I'll try to submit a patch for this
problem.

All the rest I would be concerned about... I know Nick Morrott had these
in the past and *I think* they were caused by a conflict between qt3 and
qt4 on his pc. Do you have still have qt3 packages on your pc?

Have a nice day!

Nick
French language translation team and en_us maintainer