[Mythtv-translators] ANNOUNCE: MythTV Translation Status monitoring tool

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Tue Aug 17 13:07:55 UTC 2010

Dear fellow translators,

Inspired by the XMLTV validation tester [1], I've repurposed the code
[2] and put together a tool to monitor the status of all translations
in MythTV trunk, by revision, language and component. The design is
simple and mostly borrowed from the XMLTV tester, but I hope it
conveys the important information clearly:

http://www.insidethex.co.uk/mythtv/translation-status/

Find your language on the summary page, check the overall completion
rate, and then click through to get a detailed breakdown of completion
rate by component. If it's yellow, you're doing very well, and if it's
green, you're golden.

It is my hope that current and potential translators can look at the
translation status for their language(s) and quickly determine where
efforts need to be directed. With a freeze for 0.24 coming soon, it is
an ideal time to start working on translations for the release. I'll
be updating the data regularly, moreso as we get nearer the release
and translation activity increases.

Comments, criticism and caffeine welcome!

Cheers,
Nick

[1] http://debian.crustynet.org.uk/~xmltv-tester/sid/nightly/
[2] http://git.holmlund.se/cgi-bin/gitweb.cgi?p=xmltv-tester.git;a=summary