[mythtv-theming] Theme Chooser and directory names with dots

Joey Morris rjmorris at nc.rr.com
Wed Oct 10 22:58:10 UTC 2012

Chris Pinkham <cpinkham at bc2va.org> wrote on Wed, Oct 10, 2012 at 07:24:29AM -0700:
> * On Sun Oct 07, 2012 at 03:06:50PM -0400, Joey Morris wrote:
> > Does the These Chooser support the dot (period) character in the
> > directory name where the theme is stored? On 0.25 it doesn't appear to
> > work. I tweaked the Mythbuntu theme and saved my modified version
>
> Do you compile from source?  If so, can you try the following change?
>
> Edit mythtv/libs/libmythui/themeinfo.h and search for
> GetDirectoryName().  On that line, change m_theme.baseName() to
> m_theme.fileName().
>
> That looks like where we're stripping anything after the first dot.
> The Theme Chooser calls ThemeInfo::GetDirectoryName() when saving the
> Theme setting to the DB, so I think you'll find that the DB has the
> wrong theme name if you run "select * from settings where value = 'Theme';"

Thanks for looking into this, Chris. Unfortunately I don't compile
from source. Moving to source-based installs is on my short-term todo
list, though, and I will definitely test this fix when I reach that
point.

I can confirm that after choosing the theme stored in
Mythbuntu-local-25.29, the database has the wrong theme name, as you
suspected: "Mythbuntu-local-25". As another check, I quit mythfrontend
and then manually updated the database to set the theme to the correct
value. After restarting mythfrontend, it correctly picked up the
Mythbuntu-local-25.29 theme instead of falling back to Terra.