[mythtv-theming] Theme Chooser and directory names with dots

Joey Morris rjmorris at nc.rr.com
Mon Oct 8 02:27:30 UTC 2012

Thomas Mashos <thomas at mashos.com> wrote on Sun, Oct 07, 2012 at 04:20:13PM -0700:
> On Sun, Oct 7, 2012 at 12:06 PM, Joey Morris <rjmorris at nc.rr.com> wrote:
> > Does the These Chooser support the dot (period) character in the
> > directory name where the theme is stored? On 0.25 it doesn't appear to
> > work. I tweaked the Mythbuntu theme and saved my modified version
> > under ~/.mythtv/themes/Mythbuntu-local-25.29. The theme is displayed
> > on the Theme Chooser screen, but when I select it, this is printed to
> > the log (with -v gui):
> >
> > W  MythUIHelper: No theme dir: '/usr/share/mythtv/themes/Mythbuntu-local-25'
> > E  MythUIHelper: Could not find theme: Mythbuntu-local-25 - Switching to Terra
> >
> > and MythTV falls back to the Terra theme. If I name the directory
> > either Mythbuntu-local or Mythbuntu-local-25-29, then it works fine.
>
> I don't know if it doesn't see directories with dots or not, but out
> of curiosity, what did you change in the theme? Anything I would be
> interested in adding?

The first thing I did was change the wrapstyle for all button lists
from "none" to "selection". Getting to the bottom of a list and not
being able to wrap back to the top is a pet peeve of mine, so I must
change any theme that does otherwise.

Most of my other changes are things that I wouldn't expect to have
general appeal. For example, in the details section of the highlighted
recording on the Watch Recordings screen, I replaced the start/end
date with the length in minutes. I disabled showcategorycolors in the
EPG. I changed the number of columns in MythVideo's List view from 3
to 1.

There was one bug: In video-ui.xml, the breadcrumbs textarea in the
tree window doesn't extend all the way across the screen. I changed
its width from 740 to 1220. I had made a few other similar edits in my
local 0.24 version (where it looked like the coordinates hadn't been
appropriately adjusted from what I'm assuming was the original 800x600
aspect ratio), but this one was the only one that was still present in
0.25.