[mythtv-theming] Advanced Theming Ideas

Jason Taylor killerkiwi2005 at gmail.com
Sat May 5 04:10:04 UTC 2012

On 5 May 2012 09:52, Jean-Yves Avenard <jyavenard at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 5 May 2012 07:45, Jean-Yves Avenard <jyavenard at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > But how it would be displayed, be it a pop up in a corner, a scrolling
> > line at the bottom like XBMC does, would be up to the themre
>
> The other possibility would be to add a mechanism for the theme to run
> an interpreted language such as javascript to access the new service
> API..
>
> Or have  a independent widget object, also running a high-level
> language that adds various functionalities and can display them via a
> new notification centre

We can already add a webcontrol that would allow display of some of this
info, just need the ability to tell mythui to never give focus to the
control (I logged that as an issue some where)

I guess then using javascript and the new webservices API's you could
display just about anything although it wouldn't be interactive

Ive been using the mythbuntu notify-send as a work around

Jason Taylor

--
"Weekends don't count unless you spend them doing something completely
pointless. " - Calven