[mythtv-theming] Theme inheritance or 'fallback' theme

Chris Pinkham cpinkham at bc2va.org
Wed May 2 19:32:45 UTC 2012

* On Wed May 02, 2012 at 10:30:41AM -0600, John P Poet wrote:
> Interesting idea.  If someone downloads a theme which uses
> <fallbackTheme>, the system would automatically download that
> dependency as well?

Yes, that's the part of the patch that I didn't want to delve into
unless there was support for the idea.  I'd modify the Theme Chooser
to understand the dependency and install the fallback theme as well.
We'd also probably want something like a fallbackThemeVersion as well
to specify that MyTheme-narrow v1.5 depended on MyTheme-wide v1.5.

Stuart Morgan has also mentioned adding a field to the themeinfo.xml
file to indicate which version of MythTV a particular theme version
was compatible with.  I'd need to handle that as well to make sure
that the theme and it's fallback were compatible with the same version
of MythTV.

--
Chris