[mythtv-theming] Arclight 25.12 %DPMTO%,

Nicolas Riendeau knight at teksavvy.com
Fri Apr 13 20:05:07 UTC 2012

Hi Rune!

> I just discovered after upgrading to Arclight 25.12 on mythtv 0.25-fixes
> that the top-right corner on menus and also when displaying the OSD
> shows "%DPMTO%, %TID%", as shown in [1].
> This string is very similar to the Norwegian translation of %DATE%,
> %TIME% (which is %DATO%,%TID%).
>
> I am the translation maintainer for Norwegian Bokmål so this might be a
> translation mistake on my part, but I grepped for DPMTO in
> mythfrontend_nb.ts and couldn't find any errors, but found the "DATO"
> string as expected using this command:

You *must not* translate those "variables", they must stay as is. The
application replace these with the relevant information.

The only thing you can translate are what's between them, for example

%ALBURM% from %ARTIST%

can be translated like this

%ALBURM% de %ARTIST%

(in French)

If you are not confortable modifying those please leave them as-is as
indicate don the translation page.

Thank you and have a nice day!

Nicolas