[mythtv-theming] MythCenter and MythCenter-wide

Kevin Kuphal kkuphal at gmail.com
Fri Apr 13 16:56:57 UTC 2012

Until recently I had only a 4:3 TV with Myth and have now upgraded to an
HDTV.  I'm a big fan of the MythCenter theme but since upgrading, I am
still using the MythCenter theme vs. the MythCenter-wide because the two
are not identical.  I had committed various changes incorporating fanart
into the recordings screen as well as updated the video browser.  I don't
want to step on any toes regarding MythCenter-wide but would like to get
the two in sync.

What is the general consensus here regarding these two themes given that
they are in the default build?  Should I start working on syncing them?  Is
it better to leave them unsynced and collaborate with other -wide users
regarding changes?  Or with the themes being in github should I just branch
off the theme, do work, and let someone cherry-pick the changes they want?

Kevin