[mythtv-theming] New supported and required fields in .25

Robert McNamara robert.mcnamara at gmail.com
Sat Jul 9 18:04:47 UTC 2011

On Sat, Jul 9, 2011 at 10:58 AM, Robert McNamara
<robert.mcnamara at gmail.com> wrote:
> 1) Support for season, episode, and inetref for recordings.  Anywhere
> you can use the usual recording fields like title, subtitle, chanid,
> recstart, recend, etc., you can now use the following:
>
> * season
> * episode
> * s00e00
> * 00x00
> * inetref
>
> This includes the "Watch Recording" screen.

As a brief followup, I wanted to make clear that the season and
episode information will only be populated *once a recording takes
place*.  The reason for this is that we are constantly rescheduling
and the upcoming recordings exist only in memory, so we would
potentially have been hitting the metadata sources hundreds of times
every reschedule, which with EIT could be as often as every five
minutes!  So, you will not want to use the season and episode fields
in screens about upcoming or scheduled recordings, but you may want to
use them in screens about *existing* recordings.  Inetref exists as a
part of the recording rule and the recorded program, so that can be
used anywhere.

Hope this helps,

Robert